The registration will be extended until October 20th, 2019
The Visiting Fellow for Postdoctoral in Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY) are intended for outstanding active researchers from around the world, to work on an important piece of research in the social sciences and humanities. The programme supports promising early-career researchers from diverse disciplines, who have demonstrated success in conducting high-quality research and are seeking to further develop and broaden their expertise. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. Up to one-half months for maximum fellowship period may be spent conducting fieldwork in the Asian or Europe region.
A majority of the Visiting Fellow postdocs will join the family of researchers in the specific areas like Environment and disaster, Continuing Technology, Conflict and Peace, Syariah Law and Economic, Health and Public Management. The other Visiting Fellow postdocs with outstanding projects in any area outside of those listed above may apply to join the Open cluster.
Visiting Fellows scheme enables academics, researchers, and practitioners to spend a period of time conducting research in the UMY. Prospective applicants should note that UMY only accepts applicants who can demonstrate an established research record, who can present a clear case for being based specifically in the study program, who can make a compelling case regarding how their presence and work will complement our research environment and enhance the Study Program research profile, who are able to provide a clear explanation for the proposed duration and timing of their visit, and who have properly worked-out, realizable research objectives to be pursued during their time here.
A. Required Output
- Conducted lectures for three times.
- Research draft making between guest professor with the lecture of each related
department (Submitted at indexed journal with minimum Q3 Scopus index).
B. Additional Output
- Conducted public lecture for 1 time.
- Draft proposal making.
The program will cover up to $ 10000 , which includes:
- Flight Ticket (Economy class ticket at cost)
- Salary (maximum 40%from given grant)
- Accommodation (maximum 30% from given grant)
- Health Insurance (During stay in UMY it will provided by department with maximum 5% from given grant)
- Hospitality (city tour/welcoming dinner/farewell dinner,it will provided by department with maximum 10% from given grant)
Applicants will be of post-doctoral status or equivalent. The scheme is not open to Ph.D. students. The requirements of Visiting Fellow Program;
- Visiting Fellow program proposed by the head of department and approval by the faculty (Dean) to the Vice Rector V.
- Each program departments are required to propose 1 proposal.
- Program departments are able to propose with another program department which following budgeting scheme above.
- Equivalent professional experience must be accordance with the academic of the department program.
- Hold a Doctoral Degree of visiting fellow.
- The guest lecture must be one of lecture/staff in TOP 500 Universities based on QS Star versions. Where those who are not included are able to propose and will considerable by UMY based on the cooperation and collaboration with the partner university.
- Applicants must complete the program form of Visiting Fellow which attached to request the letter of visiting fellow to the Rector.
- The proposal will be selected based on the principle of the applicant (first to file), following administrative completeness and technical readiness in the form.
- Selected program departments are required to make a report such as:
- Planning activities and schedule;
- Schedule for public lecture (minimum 1 time);
- The arrangements of lecture-discussion for research plan/Journal/research proposal (at least two times a week).
- Report activities;
- Monitoring and evaluation report in the half and the end of the program;
- Budgeting report;
- Course outlines (SAR/RPS) and course for the guest lecturer;
- For more information about those report above, you can download the Visiting Fellow Guidance.
We encourage Visiting Fellows to participate fully in the research life of the StudyProgram in UMY, for example through attending staff and Ph.D. research seminars, seminars run by the different research groups and research projects and other events related to their research. We also encourage Visiting Fellows to give a seminar paper on their research whilst they are visiting the Study Program.
Status at UMY
The title of Visiting Fellow is given to individuals from outside the UMY associated with study program, institutes, and centres. Visiting Fellows will also be able to enjoy access to the facilities of UMY as a whole, for example, every UMY Library.
Your application should include the following documents:
- Full fill The Application Form.(All members of The Tim should fill this document and compile it in one file)
- Proposal of your program. (template of the proposal)
- Full fill The Mobility Agreement.
- Full fill The Letter of Submission/ Surat Pengajuan Visiting Fellow. (Filled by UMY's staff)
- Full fill The Commitment & Liability Letter/ Surat Pernyataan Komitmen dan Tanggung Jawab. (Filled by UMY's staff)
You will be advised, in writing, of the application proposal within six weeks of each round. We regret that we are not able to accept resubmissions of proposals that have previously not been approved by the study program.
Please do not include any supplementary information.
You are asked to arrange for two references in support of your application which must be on headed paper. References should be sent via email by your referee to email@example.com and study program website and must arrive at the relevant timing of your application. It is your responsibility to ensure that the references reach us in good time.
You should ask each of your referees to address the following matters in their reference:
Your suitability to undertake a fellowship in the specific study program at UMY, in the light of your particular interests and experience
The likely benefits to you, and to your future career, of undertaking such a fellowship
The likely benefits of the Study Program
The capacity in which they know you
Head of Study Program in UMY will make any arrangements for living accommodation for visitors in Professor Guest House.
End of visit report
During and at the end of the fellowship, Visiting Fellows have obligation to :
- Have collaboration with UMY lecturer to make research project and must be published in at least one Science Citation Index journal and or SCOPUS journal (Q1-Q3).
- Both members of faculty must be listed in authors of this published article; and the Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-PI must be the first author or corresponding author of published article.
- Submit a brief written report summarising their contribution to UMY. The report should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and program study website.
For the participant who wants to propose the additional budget for their Visiting Fellow Program, which is in progress. Your application should include the following documents:
- Previous Contractual Agreement;
- Previous Proposal;
- Latest Proposal;
- Full fill The Mobility Agreement;
- Full fill The Letter of Additional Budget for Visiting Fellow/ Surat Pengajuan Penambahan Dana Visiting Fellow; and
- Full fill The Letter of Commitment/ Surat Pernyataan Komitmen dan Tanggung Jawab.
For More Information
For more information, please contact us on this footer of this website or download the Visiting Fellow's Guide Book.
Sabbatical leave provides a facility where academic staff can undergo specialist/further education or for enhancement of skill/knowledge in research field for at least once per 1 (one) academic years after 2 (two) years working experiences. The program is dedicated for Academic Staffs of Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, which later is referred as UMY.
The purpose of the Sabbatical Leave Scheme is to enable both academic and professional staff to apply for a period of leave to concentrate on a programme of work that will lead to identifiable and measurable outcomes that relate to at least one of the University’s goals. The duration of the sabbatical leave will be one determined by the nature of the project that a member of staff wishes to complete. The maximum period applied for should not exceed 3 (three) months in total.
Applications will be considered from the applicants who:
- Are working at Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta for a minimum period of 2 (two) years.
- Have an approved and in-phase research sheet and already get the respon from the reviewer
- Apply at least 1 (one) op to 3 (three) months in advance and undertake a commitment to remain engaged with Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta for at least 1 (one) year following their return from sabbatical leave.
- Has not exceeded the limit of sabbatical leave.
- Willing to abide by the term and condition of sabbatical leave.
* TERM AND CONDITIONS
- A sabbatical will not result in a break in existing contract. However, provisions dependent upon length of service will be deemed to be suspended during the period of sabbatical leave.
- Applicant must discuss sabbatical leave with their reporting heads and should be authorized at least 1 (one) up to 3 (three) months in advance.
- Applicant may be permitted to take up paid assignment during the sabbatical.
- Applicant should be sent any information that the reporting heads considers relevant in relation to developments within their division in order to keep the consultant up to date. This is the responsibility of the reporting manager.
- Applicant will remain on their current terms and conditions of assignment although not at work.
- If performance appraisal is due during the sabbatical leave, the individual will have complete his/her appraisals before commencement of sabbatical leave.
- On joining the individual will be required to submit a report.
* ON RETURN FROM SABBATICAL
- Applicant must report/ submit their research/work result prior the arrival or a maximum within a month of the return from the leave.
- Report should be in form of Publication or Submission Substantiation of Publication.
- Applicant must confirm date of their return to work in writing to their reporting head and copy to the university.
- Applicant is entitled to return to their original designation but may be assigned to another task within the same division.
* WHERE APPLICANT DECIDES NOT TO RETURN TO WORK
- If the consultant decides not to return to work, they should give written request to the Head of the Department and copy to reporting Head of the Department, at least 4 (four) weeks before the sabbatical is due to end.
- Applicant would be required to return back to work and serve 1 (one) month of notice period or pay 1 (one) month of notice period or refund the salary received from the University during Sabbatical Leave.
- The necessary exit formalities would need to be completed by the applicant and return all asset/ document to the university.
- Failing to comply with the above, will not give any reference check for the individual and no relieving order will be issued.
Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta is one of leading private university in Indonesia with a credo “Young and Global” and accredited “A” by the National Accreditation Agency for Higher Education (BAN-PT) of the Republic of Indonesia under the Decree No. 5237/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/PT/XII/2017. We invite you to participate in the selection of prospective lecturer.
These followings explain the offered lecturer vacancies’ information:
- Aged maximum 60 years old
- All Nationalities (unless otherwise endorsed)
- Hold a PhD degree
- Proficient in English
- Strong Research proved by International publication minimum 15 publications
- Well-mannered; physically and mentally healthy
- OTHER INFORMATION
|2.||Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume||✔|
|3.||Copy of PhD degree||✔|
|4.||Copy of Academic Transcript||✔|
|6.||Copy of Valid Passport||✔|
*For Application Form please download here
Next, these followings are the important dates of the recruitment:
|1.||Open Registration||1st of October 2019|
|2.||Filling the online form and submission of documents||1st of October – 10th of October 2019|
|3.||Registration Closed||10th of October 2019|
All the Research Collaboration will be proceed by LP3M