The Visiting Fellow for Postdoctoral in Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY) are intended for outstanding active researchers from around the world, to work on an important piece of research in the social sciences and humanities. The programme supports promising early-career researchers from diverse disciplines, who have demonstrated success in conducting high-quality research and are seeking to further develop and broaden their expertise. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. Up to one-half months for maximum fellowship period may be spent conducting fieldwork in the Asian or Europe region.
A majority of the Visiting Fellow postdocs will join the family of researchers in the specific areas like Environment and disaster, Continuing Technology, Conflict and Peace, Syariah Law and Economic, Health and Public Management. The other Visiting Fellow postdocs with outstanding projects in any area outside of those listed above may apply to join the Open cluster.
Visiting Fellows scheme enables academics, researchers, and practitioners to spend a period of time conducting research in the UMY. Prospective applicants should note that UMY only accepts applicants who can demonstrate an established research record, who can present a clear case for being based specifically in the study program, who can make a compelling case regarding how their presence and work will complement our research environment and enhance the Study Program research profile, who are able to provide a clear explanation for the proposed duration and timing of their visit, and who have properly worked-out, realizable research objectives to be pursued during their time here.
- A. Required Output
- Conducted lectures for three times.
- Research draft making between guest professor with the lecture of each related
department (Submitted at indexed journal with minimum Q3 Scopus index).
B. Additional Output
- Conducted public lecture for 1 time.
- Draft proposal making.
Schedule and Duration
1-7 April 2018
1-7 May 2018
14 May 2018
|4||Signing a contract||
21 May 2018
|1-7 March 2019||
1-7 July 2018
Fellowships will normally run for one and a half months
The program will cover amount $ 5000 , which includes:
- Living Allowance & Flight Ticket (Economy class ticket).
- Salary and Housing (max Rp 20.000.000 per/month) / (1400 $).
Applicants will be of post-doctoral status or equivalent. The scheme is not open to Ph.D. students. The requirements of Visiting Fellow Program;
- Visiting Fellow program proposed by the head of department and approval by the faculty (Dean) to the Vice Rector V.
- Each program departments are required to propose 1 proposal.
- Program departments are able to propose with another program department which following budgeting scheme above.
- Equivalent professional experience must be accordance with the academic of the department program.
- Hold a Doctoral Degree of visiting fellow.
- The guest lecture must be one of lecture/staff in TOP 500 Universities based on QS Star versions. Where those who are not includes are able to propose and will considerable by UMY based on the cooperation and collaboration with partner university.
- Applicants must complete the program form of Visiting Fellow which attached on request letter of visiting fellow to the Rector.
- The proposal will be selected based on the principle of the applicant (first to file), following administrative completeness and technical readiness in the form.Selected program departments are required to make a report such as:
- planning activities and schedule
- schedule for public lecture (minimum 1 time)
- the arrangements of lecture-discussion for research plan/Journal/research proposal (at least two times a week)
- Report activities
- Monitoring and evaluation report in the half and the end of program
- Budgeting report
- Course outlines (SAR/RPS) and course for guest lecturer.
- planning activities and schedule
We encourage Visiting Fellows to participate fully in the research life of the StudyProgram in UMY, for example through attending staff and Ph.D. research seminars, seminars run by the different research groups and research projects and other events related to their research. We also encourage Visiting Fellows to give a seminar paper on their research whilst they are visiting the Study Program.
Status at UMY
The title of Visiting Fellow is given to individuals from outside the UMY associated with study program, institutes, and centres. Visiting Fellows will also be able to enjoy access to the facilities of UMY as a whole, for example, every UMY Library.
Please note: Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and study program website
Your application should include the following:
- A summary curriculum vitae (of no more than two A4 sides in length). This should include a list of relevant publications.
- Full fill the application form.
- Academic/employment references
- A formal list of academic publications
- You will be advised, in writing, of the application proposal within six weeks of each round. We regret that we are not able to accept resubmissions of proposals that have previously not been approved by the study program.
Please do not include any supplementary information.
You are asked to arrange for two references in support of your application which must be on headed paper. References should be sent via email by your referee to email@example.com and study program website and must arrive at the relevant timing to your application. It is your responsibility to ensure that the references reach us in good time.
You should ask each of your referees to address the following matters in their reference:
Your suitability to undertake a fellowship in specific study program at UMY, in the light of your particular interests and experience
The likely benefits to you, and to your future career, of undertaking such a fellowship
The likely benefits of the Study Program
The capacity in which they know you
Head of Study Program in UMY will make any arrangements for living accommodation for visitors in Professor Guest House.
End of visit report
During and at the end of the fellowship, Visiting Fellows have obligation to :
- Have collaboration with UMY lecturer to make research project and must be published in at least one Science Citation Index journal and or SCOPUS journal (Q1-Q3).
- Both members of faculty must be listed in authors of this published article; and the Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-PI must be the first author or corresponding author of published article.
- Submit a brief written report summarising their contribution to UMY. The report should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and program study website.
For More Information
For more information, please contact us on this footer of this website or download the Visiting Fellow's Guide Book.